Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sarah Palin's "Screw It! I Quit!" Farewell Address

In her own inimitable style, Sarah Palin delivers her final address as Governor of Alaska.

By "style," I mean the usual tossed word salad that is the sort of a "stream of unconsciousness" delivery (or, more crudely put, "verbal diarrhea") for which she's become known.

If you have masochistic tendencies, here is Part 1 of 2 for your viewing and listening pleasure:

I must be honest.

I couldn't get all the way through Part 1, nevermind Part 2!

I'm hoping that someone with nerves of steel will transcribe it, so that I can read it in small doses.

If you're really into pain, Part 2 can be found here.

Her resignation may mean that, ala Richard Nixon, Teh Watergate President™, we won't have Sarah Palin to "kick around anymore..." but I doubt it.

If you remember right, when Nixon uttered those words at what he called his "last press conference," that turned out to not the case at all.

Just like Tricky Dick didn't go away, I don't expect Sarah Palin to go away.

No matter how hard I might wish for it.

5 comments:

Wolfe Tone said...

Heh. I like your blog.

FY, AKM at The Mudflats has transcribed the entire speech.

AKM has a far higher pain threshold than I.

Anonymous said...

Well congrats, ya'll did it. You ran Palin off. You must be so proud. However now that Palin is not an elected official she will be able to exact revenge on her enemies, if you get my drift. Hope you got plenty of money, time to pay the piper!

Wolfe Tone said...

Anonymous,

No one "ran Palin off."
She quit.
There's a vast difference.

Palin enjoyed being the Governor, but didn't enjoy governing.

She sold herself to Alaskans as a reformer, but once in power, instead of delivering the "open and transparent" government she promised, she drew the shades and kept us in the dark.

Palin proved she has incredible ambition... but proved that she lacks both the intellect and ability to achieve her goals.

Palin proved is that she is ignorant, inept, petty, petulant, and less than honest.

Am I proud she threw in the towel?

Not really. "Proud" isn't the word I would use.

"Relieved" certainly fits, though.

Anonymous said...

Becareful Anonymous, I am sure Sarah will take that comment of yours about Piper
as a personal attack. Oh oh Anonymous now your on her list too.

Wasp Nest Removal Des Plaines said...

Great blog I ennjoyed reading

Post a Comment