Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Asshat of the Week: Michael Savage!

This is sort of a no-brainer, and it couldn't go to a more deserving person.

In my previous post, I was chortling about the Smack Down™ delivered to Savage by National Public Radio (NPR) "Talk of the Nation" (TOTN) host Neal Conan yesterday.

You can read the pertinent part of the interview below, or listen to it here, direct from NPR. The great part is at about 06:40 in.

But his very brief TOTN appearance isn't why Michael Savage deserves this award.

Savage merits Asshat of the Week Recognition for the following reason:

In spite of his
own past statements that U.S. lawmakers should institute an "outright ban on Muslim immigration" into the United States, and Muslims should be "deported" simply because they are Muslims, Savage has announced that because the British barred his entrance into the UK, he is going to SUE!

Savage announced on his show "The Savage Nation" yesterday that "this lunatic (British Home Secretary) Jacqui Smith, in my opinion, has defamed me, and if possible, I will sue her personally."

Wow. You can't make this stuff up!

Congratulations, Mr. Weiner.

h/t to Media Matters.

2 comments:

Matt Osborne said...

As much as I hate to say it, I don't think Savage should be banned from the UK.

Goddamn you, Savage, for making me stick up for you. Damn you to HELL.

Wolfe Tone said...

Matt,
I personally think Savage should be allowed to enter the UK as a tourist.

If while there, he gets near a microphone connected to the airwaves, he should be arrested and deported immediately.

Preferably to Afghanistan.

Post a Comment